Saturday, December 22, 2012

Spago, Beverly Hills

Good Italian is hard to come by, especially in my area.  So you can imagine how happy I was to have discovered Spago at Beverly Hills.  Last weekend, we had Christmas dinner with our close friends.  I had eaten here before with the hubby so I was really excited to try more of the menu! Last time, we had ordered the squid ink pasta and the spaghetti marinara.

The table ordered the set menu at $38pp which is an awesome deal that includes entree, pasta main, dessert, coffee & tea.  It wasn't a weekday though, so I think they had a special happening probably due to Christmas time :) The customer service last weekend was quite poor - the restaurant (albeit small) was a full house and there were understaffed with only two waiters. So we waited for what felt like forever for our food to come :( However, the first time we visited Spago, the service was top notch!

Entrees
 Spago's Lobster Bisque, $13 - This was very creamy and very seafood tasting.  A bit too rich for my liking. I much prefer clam chowder lol.

Steamed mussels, $14 - This was my hubby's dish - I didnt try the mussels as I generally don't like mussels, I did have some of the delicious sauce though :)

Angus beef carpaccio, $13 - My friend's entree, I didn't try any as I don't do raw beef.

Baby octopus salad, $15 - My friend's entree.

Antipasto, $12 - Beautifully presented :)

MAINS
Lobster Bisque Risotto, $28 - The majority of the table ordered this dish as their main. I didn't try it...was still getting over my entree lol

Paperdelle Cheek's Ragu, $23 - A friend's main. I didn't try this either.

 Linguine King Prawns, $23 - This was main. Such a hearty meal, the prawns were massive, the cream sauce was so tasty and the pasta was cooked nicely.  If I wasn't full from the entree, I could have devoured this.

DESSERT
Pannacota - light with a smooth texture! Felt like I ate cream based foods all night... >.<

Gelati - chocolate, vanilla and macadamia caramel (not part of the set menu, additional $5).  I really love their gelati.

Tiramisu

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Looking Food, must go there some time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully taken photos, the food is making me salivate :p Love the antipasto platter especially nomnomnom!

    ReplyDelete