Saturday, February 23, 2013

My favourite healthy snacks!


My health - eating clean and fitness - has been a recent passion of mine.  Changing my lifestyle and perspective on healthy clean eating really began late last year/beginning of this year. And I haven't looked back since.

Personally, eating healthy and clean is my number one priority - who doesn't want good health and longevity?

So today I wanted to share with you my favourite healthy snacks!
  • Fruit!  I try to go for organic and my favourites are bananas, apples and berries
  • Peanut butter and nuts! My favourite peanut butter is Organic Peanut butter by Ambrosia,and my favourite nuts are macadamias, cashews and almonds
  • Good quality dark chocolate, my favourite is Loving Earth luvju mint & a.f.a raw organic chocolate, sweetened with organic coconut nectar
  • Coyo coconut yoghurt - dairy free!
  • Fresh coconut juice
  • Homemade wheat free, dairy free, and sugar free banana bread, cookies, protein bars
  • Herbal teas, like Blueberry and Sleepytime Vanilla by Celestial
  • Smoothies!
 What are your favourite healthy snacks??

4 comments:

  1. Can u please tell me which camera u use for filming and photos?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see another clean eater! I too have been clean eating since December and haven't looked back since.

    Snack wise:

    - Dark chocolate (with 70% cocoa or more, the first ingredient must have cocoa or its not the real deal);
    - green tea and herbal teas; fruit such as berries, apples, oranges and any kind of fruit except bananas,
    - plain yoghurt (only jalna or chobani) with fruit and/or oats/museli (makes a good brekkie)
    - fresh juices and coconut juices
    - carrot sticks
    - wholegrain crackers (vita wheat) and organic rice crackers: only have the recommended serving size
    - nuts such as raw almonds and walnuts, and almond butter.

    Great post otherwise :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I love your list of snacks there too!

      Delete